Utah Valley University OER
The following resources are collected as a part of the OER workshops for Utah Valley University was held on April 14-15, 2016 at UVU.
This interactive workshop will include a practical overview of the use of OER by providing a brief introduction to open licensing and open education. We’ll focus on open course design by aligning open content to learning outcomes and assessments. Attendees will have an opportunity to begin the development and design of an open course using methods to customize open educational resources.
Workshop participants should bring:
- Student learning outcomes for at least one course. If you are unsure which course to take on, it will be easiest to start with gateway courses that have higher enrollments like those collected in the Lumen catalog, which generally have more resources already curated and enhanced.
- A laptop. You can get by with a tablet, but you will be happier if you bring a laptop. Tablet access to materials is possible but not practical.
- Your best work. Many faculty members have augmented or moved away from only using traditional textbooks. You will likely want to incorporate your own assessments, study guides, presentation materials, writing and other materials into OER courses. Make sure you have access to your own materials so you can include them in your material review.
Materials here are available for all participants. If you have questions or trouble accessing any resources, please contact us at email@example.com.
Editing Platform Sample–this is the College Success course we worked on during the workshop.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, request help online
- Virtual Office Hours: Lumen holds open OER Office Hours every weekday.
Thank you for hosting us, Utah Valley University!