Ole Miss Waymaker Workshop
The following resources were collected as a part of an OER workshop by facilitated by Lumen Learning and The University of Mississippi Department of Writing & Rhetoric on August 17, 2017.
This interactive workshop introduces faculty to the Lumen Waymaker supplemental writing tool developed in partnership with University of Mississippi faculty and staff. After a brief overview of Waymaker, faculty will go hands-on to set up their course and discuss best practices. Faculty support resources and PPT slides for the first-day-of-class resources will be reviewed, and Lumen facilitators will be available after the session to provide additional support.
Workshop materials are available for all participants below, and they are openly licensed CC BY 4.0. If you have questions or experience access issues, please contact us at support.lumenlearning.com.
- Guy Krueger, Andrew Davis, Karen Forgette, UMiss Faculty Development Leads
- Julie Curtis, Vice-President, Strategy & Communications email@example.com
- Elizabeth Schonagen, Director of Teaching & Learning firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop Agenda and Workshop Powerpoint Deck
- Product Overviews: Waymaker Overview Video and or Waymaker Overview on Lumen’s website
- Waymaker Quick Start Guide
- Powerpoint Slides: First-Day-of-Class
Faculty Support Resources
- On-Campus Support: Department of Writing & Rhetoric
- Self-Help User Guides at support.lumenlearning.com (Select “Waymaker Faculty User Guides”)
- Submit a Lumen Help Ticket or Reach out to Elizabeth, Director of Teaching & Learning
- Attend Lumen’s Virtual OER Office Hours, held every weekday to provide live faculty support.
- Join the conversation! Lumen Community Slack
Want to learn more? Additional Readings & OER Resources
- More about the basis for Waymaker’s mastery learning approach, Bloom’s Sigma 2 Problem
- Why Open Education Matters Video
- What is Open Pedagogy? David Wiley’s blog post
- John Hattie’s Visible Learning (2009)
- OER Research Guidebook from OpenEd Group
- How to Attribute Open Sources
Thank you for hosting us, and best wishes this semester!