OER in the El Paso Community College District
The following resources were collected to support OER efforts in the El Paso Community College District.
- How to copy EPCC Master OER courses into your Blackboard shell. Once content has been copied from the master course, you can customize and further copy content your personal course(s) into subsequent semesters. Need help? Reach out to Andrew Lawrence.
- Suggested OER Syllabus Language:
- Required Course Materials. The Open Educational Resources (OER) in this course were selected to save you money and provide access to course content on day one. This openly-licensed, quality content was curated by subject matter experts across the nation, including El Paso faculty.
- Get Started & Find OER Content
- EPCC OER Resources from AVP for Instruction and Student Success Julie Penley
- Get Started with OER: Locate your course on Lumen’s OER Course List (if you don’t see your course, compile a list of URLs from content in the public OER catalog and Lumen will build a custom course for you. You can also reach out to Elizabeth for help).
- Find more content and campus resources on the EPCC OER Library Guide created by Professor Kerry Ann Gardner.
- Learn about Lumen Waymaker Courses, which combine OER content with a personalized learning approach, analytics, and faculty messaging tools. See this video about Waymaker and Waymaker Quick Start Guide, and check out offerings in these top course areas:
- Lumen & EPCC Faculty Support Resources
- Lumen’s OER Office Hours, schedule a 1:1 at your convenience. See also Lumen self-help and user guides
- Main Lumen contact: Elizabeth Spica, Director of Teaching & Learning.
- Lumen Tech support? Submit a Help Request or email Lumen Support
- EPCC OER Librarian and faculty support Kerry Ann Gardner
- Director for Distance Learning Support Services Bob Jones
Learn more! Additional OER Readings & Resources
- Blog post (David Wiley): What is Open Pedagogy?
- Resource: Classroom and assignment ideas for teaching with OER
- OER Research Guidebook from OpenEd Group
- What is Creative Commons licensing? Open Licensing Playbook Slides
- How do I attribute open sources? OpenWashington’s Attribution Builder
- Get Involved! Join the conversation on Lumen’s Community Slack, a free, interactive forum where instructors across the nation exchange ideas and connect on all-things OER.